AMSA - The Voice of Marine Science in Australia
>> Read the full strategy here
Advance marine science in Australia
To achieve our mission of 'Advance marine science in Australia', AMSA has four objectives:
- Promote the understanding and relevance of marine science, including stewardship of the marine environment, to the Australian community.
- Provide expert advice to policy makers and influence decision-making processes that benefit the marine environment by supporting best practice marine management, education, research and employment.
- Connect and inform the marine science community from the local to the international level.
- Ensure excellent membership services, including equity, diversity and inclusivity, across all AMSA activities through good governance and management.
- Evidence based - Our advice and outputs are unbiased and underpinned by knowledge and rigorous science.
- Ethical - We operate with integrity, including transparency and accountability.
- Impactful - We advocate for sound policy that is informed by science, including that related to the sustainability of marine resources.
- Responsive - Our submissions and position statements are timely, comprehensive, and accurate.
- Diverse - Our membership, councils, and committees reflect the breadth of marine science disciplines, career stages, regions, and personal characteristics.
- Inclusive - All marine scientists and other marine STEM professionals feel welcome to join AMSA and our activities, regardless of their professional or personal circumstances.